Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's a Color Challenge at Paper Players


I hate to post this card so late, since the deadline is in about an hour and a half away, but I have been under the weather the first of the week with a severe headache and then we have been out of town for a few days (more about that later) so in between laundry and trying to get back on schedule today I created this card for the challenge at The Paper Players which is hosted by Ann Schach using the colors by Stampin' Up More Mustard, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze and Old Olive. I used one of my favorite stamp sets and I think everyone else as well, As Lovely as a Tree and stamped the oak leaves in Versamark and then embossed with SU clear embossing powder. I cut two sizes of the large Spellbinders scalloped ovals, one in Old Olive and the other in Very Vanilla which I then sponged with More Mustard and Old Olive before stamping my oak tree image with Chocolate Chip. My buttons are from Gina K designs. I then wanted to use an image from last year's set by SU called Wandering Words...so I stamped it as my inside sentiment on a piece of More Mustard card stock. Again, I am sorry to be posting for this challenge so close to the deadline, but if you work fast you can join in or at least check out the beautiful examples at this blog...and a new challenge will be up soon.


I have some pictures of our trip to show you and will try and post later on, but for now I'll say, hope you'll leave me a comment and let me know how you've been!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Great card Patti...I am so happy you had the chance to play along with us again this week!! The nesties work perfectly with the Lovely as a Tree set.
Smiles,
Lesley

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Patti! I love it! The tree is framed so perfectly! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

Betty Benton said...

Love how you used a wonderful SU set, and the inside sentiment is just perfect for this card! great job!

craftieodmae said...

all is well here, Bill is coming along, I love your card and will call you later today. Take care.

Colleen said...

Patti,
I'm so glad you were out of town :) I was going to be really worried after this weekend! Your card is very pretty!