Monday, September 6, 2010

It's Recipe Time


Monday again, but this may be a holiday for many of you and if not, I hope that it's the start of a great week. You know that Mondays around my blog are magical and this week is no different. My fellow designer at TMITA , Nilla has challenged us this week to use any acquired image from Paper Cupcakes and use her recipe: 1 ribbon, 2 embellishments(pearls, brads, rhinestones, etc.), 3 dp's and 4 flowers and the next thing you know you have a beautiful card made. This week I am using Nina's image "Cart with Flowers" which I think is lovely and hopefully you will too! I decided to make it more of a monochromatic look by using greens. My card base is Stampin' Up whisper white and I used SU's retired dp Paper Prints in certainly celery. I colored the image by using Memento new sprout, SU mellow moss, creamy caramel and close to cocoa. I cut out the image with Spellbinders nesties and also punched some flowers with a SU flower punch which I roughed up and took the card stock apart so that I could layer the flowers. My 2 embellies are Gina K's pearls mounted on the flowers in the cart. I am very happy with the soft look of this and hope that you will love it too. Check out this image and many more beautiful ones at the Paper Cupcakes store and be sure and check out the other design team's creations this week...
Come on cook one up with us!

13 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Wow! Love not only the image but the colors, the layout, I love it all!!! Playing catch up with all the post I have missed, all of your cards are gorgeous!!!

Pat said...

Super card Pattie, love all the shades of green, very restful, great image too.

Pat xx

Colleen said...

Patti,
What a show stopper this one is! Such pretty green paper and the image is colored to match.

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful card Patti! I love the monochromatic greens and the tranquility of the card. Your coloring is supberb on this one and yes, I love it. "Hugs" Carol

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is absolutely wonderful! Your color pallet is amazing and the whole card is a work of art!

Debbie Schneider said...

Very beautiful card - I love the green shades and the layout is perfect!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is so beautiful - colors are amazing together and it gives such a peaceful contented feeling!
knockout kid-oh!

Kerrie said...

So fresh and beautiful!

Nilla said...

So beautiful and elegant, just love it! Great take on the recipe! Hugs Nilla

Amber (bambi64) said...

Pretty, pretty. Love the colors.

Gloria Westerman said...

So pretty....I love your color choice.....awesome job...

Nina said...

Such a beautifully elegant card Patti, I just love that you did it in the greens in a monochromatic sytle, it really turned out just wonderful. I just love the design and your flowers are so lovely as well! Beautifully done!

Renee Matarese said...

Green is my favorite color. I love how you colored the flowers and wagon. Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you enjoyed the Sugar Creek Hollow blog hop.