Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sweet Giraffe


As I have been telling you, I have been on the look out for new challenges and I found this one when I was looking last Wednesday at The Daily Dare. The name of the blog caught my eye and I just had to look. It is called Cooking it Up with Katie and she uses various recipes for her challenges...this week we were to incorporate buttons, a furry friend and patchwork. The sponsor this week is Meljen's Designs and you can win 4 of her designs. I went to her website and found a freebie called "Giraffe's Necktie" which I just love. She is also sponsoring a challenge and her only request is to use stripes somewhere on the project. I decided to use this cutie and make a card to fit both challenges at the same time. I cut a top fold A2 card out of Stampin' Up black card stock and used dp from Basic Grey's pack, Granola. The image is printed out on a piece of ivory from Rubber Cottage. I colored the giraffe using my SU markers and colors from Memento. My husband walked in when I had finished this card and he loved it(but he may be biased)...I think that it would make a great masculine card or I could see this image colored up for a baby or small child, yeah thinking out loud!
So my friends, what do you think? Want to check out these two sites? Hope so, I'll be looking for you! Hope that your week-end is going well...beautiful here in the mountains of Virginia and we are loving the low humidity and temps. See you soon!

11 comments:

Patti J said...

OMG, Patti - I love this! Great choice of patterned papers, love your coloring and your choice of critter! And I'm a button fanatic, so naturally, I love your buttons! Hugs!!!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.love the image.Thanks for sharing this with Cooking it up with Katie.xxx

Colleen said...

Patti,
Wow, this guy is soooo cute! You are really getting into these challenges. I'm afraid I can hardly keep up with the ones I have been doing! Last week I missed JustRite because I thought it was due Friday. I planed to do it on Thursday before work and it was due Thursday am. This week I've already started it.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Can you get any cuter than this? Love the image, paper, your coloring... everything just rocks!

Anne said...

Aww, this is just so adorable, love the colourscheme
Thanks for Cooking it up With Katie this week, hope you'll join us again
Anne
x

Tammy said...

Oh, this is adorable! I love that image and the colors you used are fantastic!! Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week!
Tammy x

Katie said...

Such a sweet image and a great card!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Sprytebyrd said...

Such a lovely card, Patti! Great layout and wonderful colors!
Thanks so much for joining us in our Stripes challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Carolina said...

Very pretty and lovely card. Your image is so cute.
Thanks for cooking it up with Katie.

Lisa said...

This card is adorable! Thanks for joining MelJens for the Stripes challenge this week:)

Chris said...

Great card, I love the earthy colors and prints, they look fab with the adorable giraffe. thanks for joining us at Cooking It Up With Katie.