Tuesday, October 12, 2010

3 of a Kind


I decided to make an easel card using an older set of stamps from Stampin' Up that I found in my stamp cabinet that haven't been used very often called "Happiest of Holidays". I made it a monochromatic look as well by using SU Always Artichoke and Mellow Moss card stock as well as dp from the pack of SU Always Artichoke Prints. I stamped the blocks with Versamark and embossed with SU clear embossing powder and then sponged with AA ink. I stamped the top part of the sentiment from the same set on the front with Versafine Onyx Black and then stamped the other two lines on mellow moss which I punched out with the large oval punch by SU. I left a space above the punched sentiment inside to write a personal note. This came together fairly quickly and I like the way all the layers look together. The pearls along the side are from Queen & Co and meet the criteria for two challenges that I am entering this card in. Both are new sites that I found through the Daily Dare and both are new to me...They both want us to use 3 of something on our creation...why don't you check these out with me and play along.
Tuesday Throwdown and
Papertake Weekly .
Here is a picture of the card open.


For those of you that might be wondering about my appointment at the rheumatologist yesterday...he is going to try and get me approved for the next step up in drugs for the rheumatoid arthritis since the ones I am taking now are not working as well as he would like. I could have increased the chemo drug that I am now taking another notch but one of the additional drugs that goes along with it would have to be upped as well and it is starting to bother my stomach. The new one is an injectable that I will take anywhere from once a month to 4 times a month, depending on which one the insurance company will allow. I must say that I am not looking forward to this as it seems each time I go that my treatment just gets more involved.I now take approximately 20+ pills a day not counting the chemo med and anitnausa meds that I take once a week, but if this new drug were to work, he says I could start to back off of some of the ones that I am on. I keep flaring with the RA which I was doing yesterday ( could not raise or use my right arm very well) and he wants to try this before I have severe bone damage which I do not have at the moment. Sorry to make this so long, hope you have stayed with me long enough for me to thank you for stopping by and hope your day is going fabulously.

9 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh you poor girl! Hope they can get your RA under control! Your card is gorgeous... love the color and your images. Sometimes old stamps are the bestest!

craftieodmae said...

Oh my goodness girl! I knew you had it but not this bad! Lets hope mine doesn't get that bad! Your card is breath taking!

Betty Benton said...

Oh, Patti, I am so sorry to hear of all your health problems! Hope you are feeling better sooner than soon. Your easel card is stunning!

Patti J said...

I have a friend that has RA and actually takes chemo infusions. Takes about 6 hours for the meds to go through their infusing process. She feels better pain wise, but doesn't do well with the chemo meds. Ugh...you poor thing - I hate that you are dealing with this, and can't believe the beautiful work you create every day with pain like you have! Beautiful card, Patti, and I hope you get some relief soon. Hugs!

Colleen said...

Patti,
First let me say this card is beautiful.
I too have a friend that has RA and she is always in pain. I hope this treatment goes well and you can back off some of those meds! I sure don't know how you do it GF I can't swallow an aspirin. It would take me all day and night to take that many pills!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I had a brother that was diagnosed with RA when he was in 8th grade. He spent 4 months in Childrens Hospital and then months in bed at home. Back in the day, they treated with asprin and penacillin. I was in charge of taking his meds upstairs. I remember there were 28 asprins a day! Bless you! I hope they come up with a good solution for you. I have never made an easel card, but I might have to try! This is really lovely, Patti!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Prayers to you Patti that the new drug will work! You poor thing, having to deal with this. Your card is just beautiful, love that it is done in monochromatic colors, just lovely.

Manna said...

This is really beautiful and elegant card!
Thanks for joining us at PTW this week.
Hugs, Minnamanna (GDT)

Kim said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the monochromatic look and the embossing looks great. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown.