Monday, October 11, 2010

Deco Flowers for a Magical Monday!


Good Monday morning to everyone!!
I am so excited to show you my card for the challenge this week at TMITA . Our lovely Carol has asked us all to take the image by Nina "Deco Flower 2" and frame it. I love this dp from Stampin' Up called Elegant Soiree. It reminded me of old wallpaper so I decided to "frame" my picture and hang it on my card wall. I used pop dots to adhere the image to the card front...I pierced the scallops on the long rectangles and mounted it over chocolate satin ribbon, just like they used to hang pictures years ago. I hope you love this image as much as I do, I can see myself using it a lot. My image was colored with SU watercolor pencils.
I hope that you can play along with us this week. We had some beautiful entries for last weeks challenge and I hope to see you all play along this week.
I am at the rheumatologist today and it is almost a 2 hour drive each way, but I will visit all of you later. Can't wait to see what the design team has to share this week.
Thanks for stopping by and please leave me a comment if you have time.

cs--SU baja breeze, dp SU Elegant Soiree, watercolor paper 140lb
ink- SU watercolor pencils
extras--Spellbinders long rectangle scallops, piercing mat and tool, satin ribbon from Dollar Tree

11 comments:

Kerrie said...

Beautiful card Patti.. that is a long drive, take care and hope all is ok

craftieodmae said...

Well girl you framed this perfect! Awesome image and you always do them justice!!! Love your bow too!

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is such a great image and you did such a great job, with hanging it on the "wall" with the DP as the background. Beautiful.

Pat said...

Hi Patti

Super elegant card, love the bp and the colours.

Pat xx

CraftinGranny said...

Great CAS card Patti and the paper piercing around the fame really adds an extra dimension. "Hugs" Carol

Jennie said...

Beautiful design Patti! Love the paper piercing you did, makes it pop!

Alice Regan said...

Gorgeous design and I love the 'fall' banner!

I'm having a great SU giveaway over on my blog, hope you and friends can visit!

Just love your creativeness!

Dru said...

I love the gentle, soft, simplicity of this - the colors are so beautiful and the ribbon complements it perfectly - really beautiful! Hugs, Dru

Nilla said...

Stunning card, love the colors! Hugs Nilla

Colleen said...

Patti,
This is such a great image to be framed and you did it well.

Kathy Czygan said...

OMGOODNESS! Patti, this is very rich and elegant! Love the watercolors on the flowers!They look so gorgeous with this striped DP! The ribbon is the "Cherry on Top" of a beautiful design! Or should I say "Chocolate Topping"? It's Fabulous!