Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving for Sugar Creek Hollow


Not long back I came across a new blog site for me called Sugar Creek Hollow , I loved the name and the logo,funny what will catch your attention sometimes. They have some fabulous freebies at their store so I decided to try this weeks challenge which is a sketch challenge...


I flipped the sketch vertically and took one of the free images, vintage and copied it several times to make my background paper. Then I printed the Thanksgiving Tag,another freebie, both of these I colored with the sepia tool in my Photo shop program. I distressed with VersaMagic Sahara Sand and added some cream lace that I picked up at Wal-Mart. The lovely flowers are some that I won in a blog candy give away a couple of weeks ago, aren't they pretty? You cannot see it in the photo but I also embossed the layer of cream card stock behind the oval nestie and sponged it as well. Check out this blog if you have time, beautiful images. Thanks for stopping!

4 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is so elegant looking, what a great job and idea to repeat that image to make a wallpaper type pattern. Lovely! Have a great weekend.

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh this is drop dead gorgeous! So,so elegant!

Colleen said...

Patti,
You really are doing some amazing cards with those digi images. I can never get them to print out the size I want them. Not sure if its my program or how I'm choosing to print them.

Tracy Vinson said...

Patti, this is just so lovely and has a great vintage feel. I love that you have kept it neutral...the black really gives this card a dramatic look. Thanks for joining us this week at Sugar Creek Hollow....glad you like our name. Hope to see you again this week for our color challenge. Blessings, Tracy, Owner Sugar Creek Hollow