Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ooh...I love Vintage!


And I do....just don't do it very often and never know if I am doing too much or not enough. I love this card, even if it is my creation. I stopped by Stampin' Sisters in Christ's blog on Sunday and found their challenge to be to make a vintage card this week. If you've never visited before, please go by as they have a very inspirational blog and I mean this in many ways. I started the card by using Gina K Designs Kraft card stock as my base and then layered their brown with a piece of K&Co dp from the Life's Journey pack. My latest Stampin' Up order included the set Elements of Style which I had admired for a long time. I used the floral and the flourish from that set. I pierced and sponged my dp, two of my fav techniques. I added a brad that I picked up this week by Making Memories...the crochet ribbon is from Walmart and that lovely grosgrain is my clearance buy from SU.

I am also going to send this in to the challenge to use ribbon on your card at Create with Bubbe . I found her through a good friend Olga, check her out at craftieodamae .
Look for a post later on, I had a commission to do some masculine birthday cards and I'll show you what I came up with.
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is gorgeous... you do vintage very well my friend!

Betty Benton said...

beautifully vintage!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous! Beautiful details, loving that lace. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card, and good luck over at Peggy's!

Colleen said...

Patti,
Great vintage card. Love that lace I'll have to check out the walmart by my house I'm searching for reasonable lace.