Tuesday, January 11, 2011

So Thankful!


Even though the design team didn't participate with sample cards for the challenge on Monday, I still wanted to create something and play along with all of you. This is from Paper Cupcakes and Nina's challenge for us this week...
"So, today I bring you a 2 part challenge. The first part of this challenge is to make a thank you card of any kind and the second part of this challenge is to actually mail it out to someone within the next two weeks or shortly after you make it. Of course I won't be able to know if you mailed it or not, but you will. So let's brighten someones day with a word of thanks and start this year off by being thankful."

Please stop by the blog if you haven't already and read the full post. We should all be counting our blessings and be thankful for the people in our lives. I am guilty of not doing that and taking for granted the loved ones in my life.
So if like me you have been a little slack in thanking those you appreciate....why not make a card and send it to someone special and tell them so.
My card uses Stampin' Up Riding Hood Red and Black card stock...I used my new embossing folder also by SU called Vintage Wallpaper to emboss the front of the card. After using a Martha Stewart border punch I layered a piece of the black card stock behind to highlight the edge. This image is by Paper Cupcakes and called Orchid Teacup with Bird, I colored with SU markers and an aquabrush. I die cut the image with a Spellbinders Labels 4 and mounted this with dimensional dots on a black piece cut with the Spellbinders Oval dies. Even with the coloring, this came together fairly quickly.

I want to tell all of you that stop by to visit that I am thankful for you and your kindness to me. I couldn't make it without you as my friends. So if you don't already know it....I appreciate each and every one of you!!

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Patti, and I so enjoyed reading your post! I try very hard to send things via snail mail, as I know what a joy it is to go to the mailbox and find something fun that isn't a bill! Thanks for being such a great blogging friend! I've enjoyed seeing your projects at PCC!!! Hugs...

Colleen said...

Patti,
This is very pretty! I love the touch of the bird in the picture. You're so right we can't thank our friends and loved ones enough.

Jennie said...

The embossing on this just pops, nice design Patti!

CraftinGranny said...

Wow GF, this is an awesome card!!! Will be glad to get back in the swing of things next week. Have a great weekend! "Hugs" Carol