Thursday, January 27, 2011

Splash of Color at SCH


Sugar Creek Hollow is having a challenge called Splash of Color, where you are to create something in black and white with a splash of any color. You can do that with a ribbon, accent or in your image. I chose to add red to mine as this is my all time fav color combo. I find that I return to it over and over, even though I did think about doing something different, but just couldn't. I used their images called Vintage and Wishing you the Best ticket which I got several months ago. I stamped the bg paper with a flourish from the Stampin' Up set Elements of Style. And don't you just love that Making Memories brad, I do! Thanks for looking...please leave a comment if you have time as I love to hear from you.

9 comments:

Patti J said...

Black, white, and red is one of my favorite color combinations, Patti! Beautiful card! Someone will be very lucky to receive it!

Sharon Basel said...

This is gorgeous Patti! Love how you combined both of the SCH images here. And that fabulous brad is a superb finishing touch. So glad you joined us in our challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow. I do hope you'll continue to play along in our challenges week after week - we'd love that.
Sharon, SCH-DT

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is amazing... red,black and white is always a winner in my book! Beautiful GF!

Heide said...

Patti,
This is fantastic! I love the big red bow and I love, love, love that you have used a SCH images. Thank you so much for joining in with us at SCH!
Hope to see you again.
Hugs, Heide
SCH DT

Renee Matarese said...

What POP this card has. The bow is gorgeous and the brad is just the perfect accent for the beautiful Sugar Creek Hollow vintage image. Love the polka dots too! This is just an all around great card! Glad you could join us at Sugar Creek Hollow. Hope to see you in future challenges!
Renee
SCH DT

Donna Moore said...

Wow Patti, this is one gorgeous card! I love red, white and black together, it provides such a classic look! I also love the images your chose, your bow is nothing less that spectacular and that brad is perfect! Can you tell I love you card? :)
Thank you for joining us this week, please think about joining us again very soon!
donna
SCH design team

marsha said...

How gorgeous with the red, black and white! Love the black polka dot DP and the red bow and ad brad are just outstanding! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sugar Creek Hollow challenge, we hope you will come back and join us for our new challenge next Saturday!
Hugs,
Marsha
SCH-DT

Colleen said...

Patti,
You've been really busy GF! This card is drop dead gorgeous! Yes I love your brad and have never seen one like that. I love the image and everything about this card.