Monday, February 28, 2011

Is it Spring?

It felt like Spring here yesterday....so warm but not much sunshine. Pat Pedder has chosen the challenge at Paper Cupcakes this week and it's to use Spring colors in our cards....Yellow, Green and Blue. And since I hear you, and most of you are more than ready for springtime to arrive, I know you will want to play along this week. As always, you can use any image, but if you use one from Paper Cupcakes, you will be entered to win Twice!
I used my newest embossing folder to create a frame which I then ran through the big shot and cut out the center so that the lovely image "Sunday Afternoon" could show through the opening.

For the inside I simply used a border punch and then punched my sentiment and mounted on top of the border. I hope you will stop by and visit with all of the DT...I know I can't wait to see what they all post today.
As always, I appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment. Have a great week and happy day to you all!

Card Details:
Paper: Stampin' Up So Saffron, Bazzill blue, SU white
Ink: Copics, SU markers, Versafine Onyx Black
Images: PCC "Sunday Afternoon"  SU Short and Sweet
Extras: SU oval punch, Spellbinders Oval die, Cuttlebug embossing folder

11 comments:

Colleen said...

Patti,
Love the image, your coloring is beautiful and your new folder is very pretty.

craftieodmae said...

Oh wow, I love this image, need to get it out and use it some, you have colored her perfectly!!! Gorgeous card.

Theresa's Studio said...

What a great card..love that EF and the frame that you created for this lovely image. Fantastic coloring.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super spring like sista! Love that color combo and your coloring is perfection!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Beautiful card, love the way you cut out the center of the embossing so that gorgeously colored image could shine through.

CraftinGranny said...

I always love it when you show how you've finished the inside of your cards. This is gorgeous Patti! "Hugs" Carol

Dawn Edwards said...

What a Fun Card. It makes you want spring to be here already. Thanks for sharing a second entry with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Dawn
SCH-DT

Anonymous said...

I love this one! You just keep getting more creative! Kobe loves it too. :)

Teresa Kline said...

this is sooo sweet..such a serene card and image....I see you are in Galax, I am not far from you..I am in the Waynesboro/Staunton area...I have saved your blog...it is my hopes to one day have a get together and invite all the VA blogs I have come across...if you have time stop by my blog for a visit...have a super week!

enjoy *~*

Pat said...

Such a lovely card Patti, love that embossing its gorgeous.

Pat xx

Shirley G said...

Patti, such beautiful cards. I have something for you on my blog.