Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Day for Daises and Girly Girls


I came across a new site to me while surfing the other day called A Day for Daises , it looked interesting to me and  their challenge was to create a girly girl card. They are offering a free digi to use on your card, so I thought why not? I started to use pinks but then decided to go with a yellow theme.
I had made this envelope box last week in the yellow to try out a tutorial for it that was on SCS, I simply finished decorating it with scraps from my card. The sentiment is from a set that I own by Laurie at the Doodle Pantry called Heart Sheep.  I have almost used all of this piece of dp from K&Co that I have loved so much....so sad to see it go! and the last of my plaid ribbon. I hope you will stop by and see this blog....and see what you think about it.

Card Details:
Paper: Stampin' Up So Saffron, dp K&Co, green unk, Bazzill yellow textured
Ink: SU markers, Memento Summer Sky
Extras: GinaK pearls, Sizzix die, Spellbinders Labels 4, SU oval and scallop punch, ribbon Walmart

9 comments:

Patti J said...

What a sweet card! Thanks so much for sharing, and for the heads up on the new challenge blog. I love your bright, cheerful, perky yellow! Great job, girlie!!!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the image with those colors and oh my the bow!!!! Perfection.

Payne Holler Cards said...

hmmm a new challenge blog - will check it out!
love your yellow card and WOW what a bow!!

craftieodmae said...

Love your card, I'll have to check it out, I like girly girl cards..........

CraftinGranny said...

What a cute girlie card and I love the matching envelope.. Thanks for the heads up on the blog and will have to check it out. Did you use the Bow Easy or tie your gorgeous bow by hand?

Colleen said...

Patti,
Love your coloring on this image and that bow is to die for. Maybe I should send you some ribbon and a self addressed envelope. LOL

Betty Benton said...

Terrific card -- I like your paper and that bow is gorgeous -- know you're sad to run out of both. I would have never thought to put my image on top of the ribbon tails -- good thinking!

Renee Matarese said...

I love your big bow and the envelope box. Pretty creation!

Purple Card Lady said...

Beautiful creation! So glad you found us and thank you for joining in ADFD's girly-girl challenge.