Saturday, April 9, 2011

Vintage Easter at Sugar Creek

Well gang, it is my second Sensational Saturday guest designing for the wonderful group at Sugar Creek Hollow and I am still so excited to be a part of this exciting adventure. I created a card this week for the challenge to make a vintage Easter card using Tracy's image "Liza Bunny" , isn't she a cutie? I found on my computer some library cards designed by Heather Nichols that I had downloaded....so I printed some of them out and used one on this card, distressing it and stamping the sentiment from Stampin' Up's set Well Scripted. I love how this turned out, won't you come along and play with us this week and show us your beautiful Easter cards. Here is the inside of my card. I just used my trimmed pieces for an accent.

One more picture, this is my card along with a basket that I made from a template and basket stamp that I picked up in Winston-Salem last year on my girls trip with Olga and Becky to meet up with some of you....I am ashamed to say that this is the first time it has seen ink. It is by a company Rubber Cottage and I am really happy with how user friendly it was. These are round eggs...lol from my spring basket by Jim Shore. I love his decorative items and since I forgot to pick up some candy for my basket, I thought these would work just fine until I can get some real goodies.



Card Details:
Paper: Bazzil, 7 Gypsies "Victoria", Library card Heather Nichols, watercolor, Stampin' Up
Ink: Versafine Vintage sepia, Memento, SU , Prismas
other: Ribbon from Dollar Tree and Walmart, GinaK buttons, flowers gift from a friend, Queen Bee pearls
Image: SCH "Liza Bunny", SU well scripted

13 comments:

Tina Connolly said...

This is so cute! Love it!

Heide said...

Patti,
Wonderful card and basket! What a super green bow that matches the bunnies dress perfectly.

Donna Moore said...

Wowzer girl, look at you! You have made a complete set of "gorgeous"!! I absolutely love your basket and how you have tied all this together for a supreme gift set! Well, I am just knocked off my chair, awesome!!!
blessings
donna

Nancy said...

Patti, these are beautiful!! The basket is awesome, and you have done this image proud!! Wonderful work this week!

Colleen said...

Patti,
You are really knocking my socks off with your Sugar Creek Hollow stuff. The card and basket are gorgeous.

Darlene said...

Oh Patti I just LOVE this set! Adorable basket to match the sweet, fun card! Well done!

Renee Matarese said...

Patti, this is so darn cute! Your bow matches her little dress perfectly. I love that vintage DP. I love rulers/tape measures on paper. (not sure why?) I also think the vintage index card is great. Your basket is adorable too! You did such a great job with this challenge. We couldn't ask for a better guest designer! I hope you and your husband had fun today and did well in your competition.
~Renee

The Other Patti Sue said...

What a precious set! Love that bunny image!

Kerrie said...

I love the vintage look, so cute!... and the basket to match ...

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh my! you are rockin them as Guest Designer - this is one gorgeous set! love the soft vintage and that basket..oh my!

craftieodmae said...

I love this! The card is awesome but that basket is fantastic!!!!!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card and basket, Patti! I love the soft colors and sweet images! Wonderful design! P.S. I also still have some unopened and unused things that I bought that trip! When my friend was visitng last weekend, I found some purchases still in the original bag sitting on the floor!

Pat said...

Love your vintage card it's gorgeous and the basket is lovely.

Pat xx