Monday, June 20, 2011

MMSC 108 with Pink Paislee

I finished this card for the sketch challenge at Priscilla's Midnight Madness and I knew just what I wanted to try when I saw the sketch. I hope you can see what I was trying to achieve in this picture. I saw a card in the new Paper Crafts magazine using score lines to showcase images in each block. I didn't want anything that formal, so I stamp my images using Stampin' Up's old olive from Pink Paislee's set Butterfly garden and then scored my card sponging more old olive to highlight the lines.



The design paper and bird are also from the Pink Paislee butterfly garden series. My pink paper flower is Recollections. Be sure and check out this fun challenge, if you have never played or it has been a while. They also have a CAS sketch each week, so the choice is always yours to make.

As a side note, I would like to say that I forgot to mention in my earlier post this morning for Paper Cupcakes (Scroll down one post if you would like to see it) that I will be giving up my position on Nina's design team at the end of the month. It has been a wonderful journey with her company for the last year and I have thoroughly enjoyed working with her images. The reason I am mentioning this now, is that Nina has a DT call out for the next 6 months and I wanted anyone reading this to have a chance to submit if you would like to work for them. Her call is open until the 24th of June....so head over to the blog and get all the details.
Happy Monday!!!

7 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Patti - what a pretty card! I love the Pink Paislee papers and am going to have to check this one out! Your sentiment is lovely and so true. Gorgeous card - a favourite with me this week! Thank you for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

The Rubber Maid said...

What a lovely card...love your background and then the sweet bird set off by the wonderful flower. Very nice. Pat

marsha said...

Patti, this is just stunning! I love how you made this beautiful sentiment the focus and the bird and that gorgeous flower just set this off beautifully! Thanks for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, love seeing your creations and hope to see you again next week!
Hugs,
Marsha

Becca Fabozzi said...

Really pretty Patti!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Midnight Madness

The Other Patti Sue said...

Such a pretty work of art! Nina is great to work with and I'm sure she will miss you!

craftieodmae said...

wow Patti this is beautiful!!!another thing, you still going in July aren't you????

Sharon Basel said...

This is gorgeous Patti. Love how you highighted the scoring as the sketch design.