Saturday, July 2, 2011


Happy holiday weekend everyone and welcome to another Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow.
This week we have a PATRIOTIC challenge
for you.  We want you to celebrate your country and its
history
and make your vintage, shabby chic or primitive card
using the colors of your country as represented by its flag.

Most of the ladies on the Sugar Creek Hollow Design Team are from the
United States so patriotic cards have a red, white and blue theme.
One of our members is Canadian and she has used a classic Canadian icon
and done her card in red and white as those are the colors of the
Canadian flag.  We are really looking forward to getting a colorful
history lesson of the countries of our challenge participants.

This week we will reward a random winner with a badge to display on her
blog and a digi of our choice.  The Design Team will choose a Card
of the Week and the creator of that card will receive a badge to display
and will be in the running for a Guest Designer spot.

As you can see the Design Team is very patriotic and has provided some
wonderful inspiration for you.  To get details of their cards, just
click on their names and you will be taken directly to their blogs.



For my card, I used red, blue and ivory card stock that I picked up at a stamp show last year from Rubber Cottage. I tried a new multi fold technique that I think I will be trying again very soon, so much fun. My stars and  inside sentiment are from an older retired set by Stampin' Up by the name "Liberty for All" and the vintage flag is a freebie that I found online at Magic Moonlight Freebies . You will be sure to find a free goodie there to you liking. I distressed my card with Tim Holtz antique linen distress ink. Don't you just love the sentiment "God Bless our Troops" and I pray that he does....it is from Laurie's set at Doodle Pantry in her Patriotic Turtle set. Now hop on over to Sugar Creek Hollow and check the team's beautiful creations. I will be looking for yours this week...have a safe and happy holiday weekend.

13 comments:

Heide said...

Great fold, I have been wanting to make a card with this fold. Love the vantage flag and great sayings.

marsha said...

Love the design, the vintage flag is gorgeous and I love the "center step" or "funky fold" you used!
Hugs,
Marsh

Cec said...

Love the fancy fold. The paper, sentiment and fabulous flag make this a very special and very patriotic card.
Hugs!
Cec

Payne Holler Cards said...

beautiful fold!!! and your card is fantastic!!!
have a great 4th my friend (-:

Betty Benton said...

Love this wonderfully folded creation! Have a happy fourth!

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a great fold for this card, perfect for Old Glory! Love this card. Have a great weekend.

craftieodmae said...

absolutley remarkable!!! Love it, happy 4th my friend!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Totally awesome.... Have a Happy 4th GF!

Payne Holler Cards said...

happy 4th - have something for you over on my blog (-:

Sharon Basel said...

This is gorgeous Patti! Love the design - I've never tried that before and am going to have to do it - it just makes for a wonderful and interesting card. Hope you had a good holiday today. We celebrated the day here in Wash DC on vacation and saw the most spectacular fireworks from the Lincoln Memorial steps overlooking the reflecting pool and the Washington Monument. I know you live in Va. - are you close to DC?
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Gorgeous work! Sorry I am later to wish you a happy 4th!

Pat said...

Great card Patti, love the style and the image.

Pat xx

Renee Matarese said...

Great design Patti! Sometimes I get in such a rut that I forget there are shapes other than square! Love that star DP!! Your sentiment is perfect for the day.