Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Doodle Pantry Challenge 17-Don't Miss it!


Happy Tuesday,

I have been enjoying a gorgeous Fall day here in the mountains of Virginia....the temps are perfect with warm sunshine. I have been finishing up my inside and outside decorating for Fall as well as working some on my Mums...they needed a little deadheading . They have certainly outdone themselves this year. I have about 3 areas now in my yard with these beautiful flowers and I love them. They start blooming in early August and go until frost time.


I took this picture the other evening when the temps started dropping as I was afraid it might frost, but no they are still looking good!! At the time I bought these, I thought that they were all the same, shows what the tags knew....but I love the mixed colors.

Now to my card and my post...just wanted to let you know that our challenge at the Doodle Pantry blog will begin tomorrow. DPDC17 will run from the 5th of October until the 24th and our only requirement is for you to use a Doodle Pantry image. If your don't already own one, be sure and check out the new release sets that came out on Oct 1st and the specials that Laurie is running. You will get the new set Quirky Penguin for entering our challenge this month and if you make a purchase, our freebie with purchase is the Quirky Turkey which I can't wait to make something with. And if you would like to try before you buy, be sure and check out the freebie section. Laurie is so generous.
I used Gina K Designs fresh asparagus card stock which I dry embossed with the Autumn cuttlebug folder.  I know he is suppose to be a Quirky Owl but I did keep his colors a little traditional. I added leaves and branches from Spellbinders Bugs die set.

 I am entering this into the challenge at Cupcake Inspirations where they had this gorgeous cupcake as inspiration this week.

Doodle Pantry is also sponsoring this challenge, so be sure and check it out.

I also found Crafty Cardmakers where this time "anything goes" and I am going to enter my card there as well.



So be sure and check out our challenge for October and the newly released sets from Doodle Pantry. We would love to have you play along. Now off to fix dinner in a bit, hope to stop by your blog for a visit soon. Thanks for visiting mine.

Card Details:
Paper: Gina K Designs
Ink: Tim Holtz distress inks
Other: Spellbinders dies "bugs", ranger stickles, Autumn embossing folder, Oval punch Stampin' Up, SU set Country Blessings leaf for envelope
Image: Doodle Pantry Quirky Owl

19 comments:

Patti J said...

Wow, Patti! This is one great card! You have colored the owl beautifully, and OMG, what a great take on the cupcake challenge! Thanks for sharing!!!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

so very pretty... I love your inspiration too! Such a wonderful card with the embossing and leaves!
~Hugs~

Sally said...

A great card with lovely embossing & a cute image. Thanx for joining the Crafty Cardmakers challenge this week.

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a great card!! Love everything about this one, with the image, branch and leaves. Your flowers are gorgeous, that is something I miss here in TX, we have clay and not much really grows and it is still in the upper 80's.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Gosh your mums look great - mine are so water logged from 9 days of rain and drizzle. Love this card and the use of the leaves - is PERFECT!

auntbeespickles said...

WooHoo! Funny girl! This is the same image I choose for the challenge. Great minds think a like!! =) This is just adorable!!
Hugs, Sarah

Amy Johnson said...

so cute! I love the branch and leaves!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Great card... lovin the fall colors!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card Patti and your mums are gorgeous. Love the fall colours on your card and in your garden.

Scrapcat 1 said...

Such a pretty card I love the leaves you have used and added to the inside too. Your flowers look fantastic!
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time and we hope to see you again next time.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, and what a great saying! And your Mums are just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Kristine said...

Your mums are so vibrant and beautiful!! Love the mix too! And your card is so adorable *Ü* I love this quirky owl, and your Nestie for him is so cute!! Great leaves and limb too. :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow! Loved seeing your Quirky Owl and your flowers, beautiful!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Great card Patti. Love your design and addition of the leaves both inside and out!! Gorgeous mums, too!

Rene said...

Great job! Love the owl and leaves!
Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Good luck!
Rene :D

Karen Howard said...

Ah, love the leaves, branches, embossing... well, everything! Fabulous card and coloring on your owl!

Vicki said...

Very nice Patti, I love the embossing and those branches rock! Like how you did your inside too hon!

HUGS!
Vicki

Colleen said...

Patti,
That owl is just too cute! Amazing job. Love those mums, of all the flowers I like that is one of the best performing ones and my husband hates them???

Dawn Frost said...

I love how you did the owl with the branch and leaves, just gorgeous Patti! You have a beautiful garden of flowers, ours are all dead its just too cold outside!