Saturday, March 3, 2012

Trash to Treasure

Happy Saturday and welcome to our Trash to Treasure challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow . In case you haven't heard the news, our blog is now under new ownership, our very own Cec Wintonyk, who has been our blog challenge coordinator for over a year. The previous owner, Tracy Vinson has started a new venture and in order to devote time to that, has decided to step away from Sugar Creek Hollow. I know you will love our new look, challenges and the changes that Cec has in store for all of us. We hope you will continue to support Sugar Creek Hollow and our new adventure, I know that I am excited for all of the fun things coming in the near future. We also have a new team member starting today, Holly Young and you can find her on my sidebar at Through the Looking Glass .I hope you will welcome her with open arms.

We also have a special guest designer today, Sheri Wilshire at Twitterpated with Paper who was a winner of our Card of the Week. Be sure and check out all of the design teams cards at SCH today and stop by to see what they have created using their trash.

You must use items headed for recycling or garbage - not paper scraps & you must show a photo of the item(s) before they are transformed.
The winner of the random draw will receive a digital image of our choice and one creation will be picked for the Card of the Week and be in the running for a Guest Designer spot .

For my item this week, I have used an empty container that used to hold Crystal Light individual drink packets.



I decorated it to match my stamp room and created it to hold my stipple brushes that are taller and getting in the way of my shorter tools.





My room is painted in shades of green, much like this mellow moss and trimmed in white. I used white lace and offray green ribbon along with Inkadinkado images. The butterflies were made using a Stampin' Up butterfly embosslit with some added pearls. I am pleased with how this turned out and look forward to using it.

Now go check out your recycle bin or trash and join in on the fun. We at Sugar Creek Hollow love seeing what you create in the vintage, shabby chic, primitive style and know you will wow us again this week. Be sure and leave a comment at SCH letting us know what you think of our new look and changes. We have several sponsors lined up and can't wait to get started. Take care and enjoy your weekend, thanks for stopping in.


post signature

15 comments:

Colleen said...

Patti,
Very cute! I've been saving some things from around the house so just maybe I will be able to have something for this.

Betty Benton said...

Terrific storage container -- love the butterflies and the subtle stamping!

Renee Matarese said...

What a great idea! I myself have quite a collection of containers waiting for new life. Yours came out so pretty.

Heather said...

I love what you did with your crystal light container! Love the colors..and your butterflies. I love your stipple brushes too :0) I tend to hoard brushes...LOL. Way to go Green..:0)
Hugs!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Carla S. said...

What a pretty storage idea, Patti! I love the soft greens and the butterflies!

Cec said...

What a great project and so pretty yet practical. I love the greens and the sweet butterflies.
Hugs!
Cec

CraftinGranny said...

Definitely a creation that inspires me to make my craftroom a little more decorative. Wonder project Patti. "Hugs"

Payne Holler Cards said...

now that's a great idea for those containers (we LUV crystal lite) so pretty and to match it with your room makes it even nicer (-:

Holly Young said...

gorgeous work! I love the idea and the execution! such gorgeous lace and ribbon! thanks for the kind words on my blog! I'm thrilled to be a part of SCH!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Great use of your trash! Totally awesome idea!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a great idea!

Daniele said...

great idea Patti
hugs

MiamiKel said...

This is just stunning, Patti - such an inspiring piece of artwork! I used to be a member of SCH's DT and just found your blog (Patti, Olga, Linda!) to see your creation and just love all your work! I am inspired by things from around the house and hope to join your challenge this week :) Blessings!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Perfectly lovely idea! Those stipple brushes can be so top heavy and I always find mine has jumped out of it's spot and rolled across the floor. WTG!

The Wired Angel said...

Patti the Painter using artist brushes.. how clever and a great way to have your tools handy. Hope you are doing well, dear! I know you have been through a lot lately.. Sending some Vitamin H your way (that's Hugs)... Peggy