Saturday, August 25, 2012

Angels and Fairies


Well, folks it is back to work....the team at Sugar Creek Hollow was given a break with our fabulous alumni designers filling in for us last week and we did so appreciate the week off. Thanks again ladies for such beautiful inspiration cards!

Our theme this week at SCH is "Fairies and Angels" in a Vintage/Shabby Chic style.

We have the wonderful A Day for Daisies as our sponsor this week and one randomly drawn winner will receive a $12 gift certificate to the store where you can choose your very own images.   And one other person will be chosen as this week's Top Pick and be in the running for a guest designer spot.
Button2

I used Tammy's image "Baby Cloud" for my card. What newborn is not an angel?

I had so much fun creating this card. I used some digital papers from Aimee Harrison Design's and her set that I purchased a while back "Dew Kissed". If you enjoy playing with digital images, check out the link which will take you to a sale page of retiring kits...these are a great price.
I printed some extra design papers which I die cut and layered behind my sweet image.
He was colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers with some PK glitz glitter added for some sparkle.

I hand cut the banner with Welcome Baby and added a clothespin swiped in white ink and attached to my seam binding.


Here is a close up of my image so you can see the glitter a little better.


Welcome all the gals back at Sugar Creek Hollow and please join us this week as we enjoy A Day for Daisies beautiful images. We love seeing your work.

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!
post signature

8 comments:

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card and image. Hope you enjoyed your week off at SCH...missed you being there.

Payne Holler Cards said...

so precious! love your layering and paper and that teeny tiny clothes pin! your coloring with the noir pens is beautiful...I'm thinking to get some now (-:
just spent some time browsing at all I've missed over here, so lovely! your repetition card is stunning!
hope you have a great weekend
hugs (-:
Linda

Words and Pictures said...

So adorable... delicious ribbon and peg embellishment with your so cute image!
Alison x

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Patti and such a sweet image. Great colouring and super bp. Have a great weekend.

Par xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Adorable baby card and I love the yellow and blue colour combo!Wonderful bow and neat clothespin!

Meggymay said...

Wonderful card, love how you pegged the sentiment.
Yvonne x

Colleen said...

Patti,
SOOOO cute! Love this one and your coloring is perfect.

Holly Young said...

how did I miss this? stunning! I just love that image!