Saturday, September 1, 2012

It's New Release Day at Doodle Pantry!!



Happy Labor Day Weekend....it is Sept 1st and that means it is time for the next release at Doodle Pantry. If you click here you will be taken to our New Release page where you can see all of the new sets. Laurie has also colorized 4 of our previously released sets, one of my all time favorites Cornflower and just in time for Autumn cards, Let us be Thankful . We also have loads of specials going on which you will find here .As usual, our free with purchase set and our free set for joining in our Doodle Pantry challenge (using a DP image and which starts today at Noon) but last but not least....we are having a sale! Just enter the code 35LABORDAY and you will save 35% off your order (excluding gift certificates) from now through September 9th!  

I'll let a secret out, we get to see the sets as Laurie is developing them and then when they are all ready we get to choose the one we want to work with for release day, I was so excited when I saw this set Moose as I had lots of ideas running through my head and I knew that I would have lots of people that would love to get one of these cards.  

For my card, I used one of the digital papers that comes in the set along with a sentiment from it.
The trees are part of a PTI set "In the Meadow" which I stamped one of the trees on the die and simply sponged the other one. My small tree attached to the sentiment tag is part of the paper, when I punched it out with a Martha Stewart tree punch it left a bit of the surrounding light green giving it some shading, one of my happy unplanned things.

I used the moose outline image and colored him with my spectrum noir markers, using foam dots to elevate him on the card.

I used a MS border punch and the same tree punch to decorate the inside.


I was so excited about this set that I came up with another idea, as my Christmas packages usually lean more towards a rustic, natural feel I thought that some Kraft moose tags would be just perfect.

I used the colored moose head combing it with Doodle Pantry's Christmas Wreath set using it's wreath and sentiment. I was able to get 10 tags to a sheet by turning it to landscape in Word and creating 5 columns. So for the price of two sheets of card stock and a bit of ink, I now have 20 beautiful tags.
Lots of Laurie's sets work so beautifully together with the fun part being that we get to combine images to create something entirely new each time we sit down at our computers.
It is a wonderful world of beautiful possibilities.


Don't forget the great sale going on and get a cup of coffee and take a look around at the store....there are so many goodies waiting for you, be sure and look at last month's card sets if you would love to get a fast head start on this year's holiday cards.
And one more thing, be sure and check back at the DP Blog where this month's challenge starts today at Noon. Thanks for stopping by......  
post signature

16 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

What a fabulous Moose card - just love your layered images and beautiful stitched panel - gorgeous! And the tags are just great...
Alison x

craftieodmae said...

fantastic card, love the layers, those trees are awesome! Are you goin to the Flea market? Not me, if ya do have fun!

Betty Benton said...

Love your card and the tags! The moose is fantastic and I like the trees too -- both die cut and punched!

Glenda Atkins said...

Wow what an awesome tag set and your card is super fabulous! Your colouring on the card is wonderful as are the trees! Love it all!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! The card and tags are beautifully done, Patti. Love your designs. The tags are so clever.

Glittered Paws said...

What a great card and tags - surely captured the "outdoors" feel.

Linda Anderson said...

Patti, I am actually speechless regarding your Moose creations...and that doesn't happen very often (just ask my family!!). They are gorgeous!! So very creative! I love 'em.

Linda

Carla S. said...

Fantastic card and tags, Patti! Very cute and creative designs!

Payne Holler Cards said...

yikes - great moose card (and that sentiment is a crack up) your tags are great great great!

Debbie said...

These are great!! I love the card and the tags!

Colleen said...

Patti,
I'm still and always amazed at what you do with the digi's this is fantastic.

Unknown said...

Patti I adore your moose card! The die cut trees are a great addition. Also, I love how you repeated the tree on the sentiment tag. And your gift tags are amazing. I need to rethink how I am using digis!
hugs,
Ellen

Elizabeth Hart said...

now who would have thought that a Moose could make such fab cards.Love those die cut trees too!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That set rocks, and so do your creations!

Holly Young said...

LOVE THESE!!!!! great guy cards,,,,,and I love how you used kraft cardstock with them,,,,perfect for these images!

Dawn Frost said...

Oh my goodness Patti I LOVE the moose tags, they are perfect!