Thursday, January 17, 2013

Addicted to Stamps....


While visiting my friend Carla Suto I saw where she had used a sketch from the challenge blog Addicted to Stamps . I immediately fell hard for this fun sketch and started thinking about how I could use it.

I must say that I was happy with the way it turned out. I just kept playing with the papers and after die cutting the focal piece, I stamped the three butterflies and used foam dots to pop them up on the label.
My sentiment is from the same set and I created my own banner.
I used a floral stamp to make my flowers. After stamping and fussy cutting I used foam and glue dots to adhere the layers together.



Using more of the papers and a large die cut I created a space for that special message.



I can't wait to see what the next sketch will be! If you have some extra time
I am sure you will want to try this great challenge site.
The deadline is January 20th.

Card Details:

Paper: GinaKDesigns chocolate, Recollections berry, Prima Madeline dsp
Other: Spellbinders Labels one, Making Memories brads
Stamps: Stampin' Up Kindness Matters, Best Blossoms
Ink: SU rose red, Distress inks walnut stain
post signature

12 comments:

Colleen said...

Patti,
This is jaw dropping! Love all the beautiful layers. Love the sketch too! It is very playful, just maybe I can get it in.

Esther Asbury said...

WOW! I love the colors and patterns you chose for your card! Everything coordinates so beautifully! Being a "pile-it-on" cardmaker myself -- I love the sketch too! Lovely work!

Carla S. said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning, Patti! I really love the papers and details you chose for your gorgeous card! Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for the mention, too!

Kristine said...

Hi Patti!! What a gorgeous card you made with that fun sketch!! This is my absolute favorite paper pad... I have it and only used it twice ~ I think it's so pretty I just want to keep hanging on to it, lol!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for the awesome comment!! I didn't intend on drawing a "self-portrait" but seeing it side by side with my picture? Hmmm... might be a tad similar, but good thing about drawing, I can make my nose smaller, lips and eyes bigger... whatever I want... instant plastic surgery for FREE!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Such pretty layers to your card, Patti... those butterflies are just gorgeous!
Alison x

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Patti, thanks so much for dropping by my blog!

Your card has so many YUMMY layers. Very pretty!

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous card, love all the papers and layers!

Jennie said...

Gorgeous Patti! I just used this paper the others day...great job on the sketch :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

You have a winner! This is gorgeous...great sketch! I'm going to save it, perfect to use for scraps too!
We didnt get any snow ...big smile (-:

Anonymous said...

These papers and your creation is just perfect!Love those sweet butterflies!

Marlies said...

A beautiful card with lovely papers! I'm glad you liked our sketch challenge! Thanks for joining us at ATSC, hugs, Marlies

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colours and beautiful butterflies :-)
Glad you enjoyed our sketch
Thanks for joining us over at ATSC
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxxx