Saturday, August 17, 2013

Merry Christmas!


Hello All, I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Rick and I have been busy working on projects around the house, you know how when you get started, one thing leads to another.
Working hard  but so happy that we are crossing things off of our list.

I wanted to share with you two of the first cards that I created using my new images from Fred She Said  that I was telling you about yesterday. This is the first set that I put into my cart, just fell head over heels for the lantern and poinsettias. I love the dimension I achieved with both of these by layering the flower petals but I also love how they will be easier to mail. I will be creating more of these for my Christmas card stash this year. 

I started with an A2 size card in SU whisper white layered with a light blue layer which I had ran through with my Big Shot with the snowflake embossing folder. The next layer is part of two script papers that also come in the same set which I backed with black card stock. After cutting the lantern out with the Spellbinder Labels 4 I fussy cut two layers of the flowers and used pop dots to elevate the petals.
I wish you could see the lovely sparkle made using a stardust pen on the flame and flower centers.


Here is the second card using the red poinsettias.


My design was basically the same with a different die and no embossing on this one.


For the inside I used a Stampin' Up sentiment and another of the flower images fussy cut.


I can't wait to make some more cards using these images, be sure and check out the store as you will be so amazed at all you get in your set.
 The set I used is called Christmas Poinsettia Lantern Set . It includes color images, outline images so that you can color your flowers however you like, the square and A2 text paper, sentiments and more.

I forgot to print the sentiments when I was working on my design and it must have been for a reason as I am entering my card at:
  Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas    - Challenge 138 No Sentiment
 Alphabet Challenge    - N for Newest Stamp or Decoupage (Just bought this week)





8 comments:

zehra said...

Pretty cards

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card Patti, that is a gorgeous poinsettia image and you have done it justice. Loving the inside work too!
hugs
glenda

Basslady said...

very classy and wonderful!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card and stamp and I love the way you have layered it up as well!

Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx

PS I have some blog candy up for grabs on my blog ;)

Hazel said...

They are both gorgeous - love that lantern - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 138 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely breathtaking!!

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely delicate card, with that frosty embossed background, and I love the flowers echoed on the inside.
Alison x

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Fabulous card!Great use of layering and dimension really makes your card pop!

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Roxx.T